Critical Reflection

**Module Learning:**
Reflecting on my journey throughout the module, it's clear that I've made some progress in overcoming my initial struggles with communication and confidence, especially in public speaking. In the beginning, I was aware of my shortcomings in both writing and speaking, particularly when it came to expressing myself clearly and confidently in front of others.
However, as the trimester progressed, I discovered that I was handling formal reports with greater ease, largely due to the assistance of learning tools such as the PEEL structure. Research also became more manageable, thanks to resources like Google Scholar and ChatGPT, and I improved in citing sources in APA style.
On the speaking front, while I've made progress in managing my stage fright and feeling less awkward, I still rely heavily on having written notes to speak in front of an audience. This indicates that there's still significant room for improvement in my verbal communication skills.
 Looking ahead, I know there's a lot of room for improvement. I want to keep practicing public speaking and seeking feedback from my peers and mentors to continue growing my communication and critical thinking skills. Consistency and perseverance will be key in this ongoing journey of self-improvement.

**Project Learning:**
During our team's research project, I was assigned the role of the writer, responsible for documenting our discussions. However, I found it challenging to keep up with the discussions due to difficulties in typing quickly and hearing clearly. Our team comprised individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, which required us to collaborate closely. Surprisingly, our discussions went smoothly because we shared similar ideas and goals.
One significant lesson I learned from this project is the importance of being open-minded and understanding differing viewpoints. Creating presentation slides was particularly challenging for me as I was unsure about what information to include for each part. Fortunately, my teammates were supportive and helped me during the preparation process, including our final presentation.
Overall, working with the group was a positive experience that allowed me to become more open and receptive to learning from others' experiences and knowledge.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts