Descriptive Introduction

Subject: Self-introduction email

Dear Professor Blackstone,

I hope this message finds you in good spirits. I'm Celine, and I wanted to take a moment to say hello and introduce myself. I am currently enrolled as a first-year student in Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Engineering at the Singapore Institute of Technology. Unlike many of my peers, I did not have the opportunity to sit for the O-level examination due to my performance in the N-level examination, which led me to pursue studies at ITE. My academic journey initially involved a five-year pursuit of chemical engineering. However, I eventually realized that this field might not be the most suitable and manageable for me. Eventually, I made the decision to change my course of study to Advanced Diploma in Digital Manufacturing Engineering at Nanyang Polytechnic, and successfully graduating in 2020. Back when I was a kid, my brother got me into building Gundam models, and that really got me excited about engineering. The hands-on experience of putting those models together not only fascinated me but also sparked my interest in the fascinating world of engineering. Since then, I've been on a journey to explore more about this field.

As an introvert, I often struggle with feeling unsure about expressing myself, especially when I have to speak in front of a group or during an interview. The fear of public speaking tends to get in the way of me getting my ideas across effectively. Also, I sometimes have a hard time finding the exact words to say what I'm thinking, even though I understand it in my head. This sometimes makes it tricky for me to explain things clearly when I'm talking or presenting. But, I'm working on these things to get better at communicating overall.

One of my primary goals is to improve the clarity of my expression, ensuring that my messages are conveyed in a clear and concise manner for better understanding. Additionally, I aim to enhance my confidence in public speaking, particularly in group projects or class settings, as I recognize the significance of effective communication in these scenarios. I am eager to engage in the learning opportunities provided by this module to achieve these goals.

Thank you for taking the time to go through this, and I'm really looking forward to connecting further.

Your Sincerely,
Celine Ang

Comments

  1. Hi Celine, now I get to know you better. Your self-introduction email is very comforting to read, and I enjoy reading it. Let's strive to be better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ivy, Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you found my self-introduction comforting and enjoyable to read. Let's definitely strive to be better together!

      Delete
  2. Interesting info here, Celine!

    I'll write in more detail once your blogging buddies have given you feedback. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a few pointers left out, but overall readable. but anyways................. So, how's communication comin along?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Celine, your self-introduction is well organised and detailed. The part where you shared your academic journey is interesting. I can empathise with your fear of public speaking. Not to worry, I believe we can overcome this challenge together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celeste, Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm glad you found my self-introduction detailed and interesting. Your empathy regarding public speaking is reassuring. Let's conquer this challenge together!

      Delete
  5. Dear Celine,

    Thank you for this detailed and revealing letter. I appreciate learning more about you. Your study journey has probably been empowering since you have learned about many things, but it's good that you have settled on MDME.

    You also mention being an introvert and making an effort to speak more openly. To help you, I'd like to challenge you to speak at least once within every class. Can you try that?

    One item from the brief that seems to be missing here is your communication strength. Can you add something?

    Thanks again for your great effort!

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your detailed response Prof Blackstone. I'll certainly make an effort to contribute to speak, although I can't guarantee it every time. Regarding my communication strength, I'm currently reflecting on it and will make the necessary amendments later.

      Delete
  6. Hello Celine, I wanted to take a moment to express my views for your blog. Your writing is not only informative but also engaging and insightful. I was particularly impressed with the level of detail and organization in your recent email. It is clear that you put a lot of thought and effort into your work.
    I also wanted to let you know that I can relate to your experience of facing challenges during public speaking. It can be a daunting task to speak in front of others, but with practice and support, it is possible to overcome this fear. I am here to offer my assistance and encouragement as we work together to improve our public speaking skills.
    Regards,
    Brenda Tam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda, Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate your positive feedback on my blog and recent email. I'm also grateful for your understanding regarding the challenges of public speaking. Let's support each other in overcoming this fear!

      Delete
  7. Dear Celine,

    i appreciate your honesty when you mentioned that you have trouble verbalizing certain thoughts you have even though you understand the validity of them. i know this because i noticed it in you when interacting in person. most notably when you mumble inaudible gibberish out of boredom. that being said, i do sincerely hope that this module will enhance your confidence in public speaking and will hopefully give you a better understanding of how to verbalize certain thoughts that you may have that you had difficulty putting into words back then.

    Best regards,
    Steven

    P.S, So! How's your public speaking coming along?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steven, Thanks for your honest feedback! I'm actively working on improving my public speaking confidence, and I appreciate your support.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts